Yes! You can find instructions on how to access the Uwazi demo here.
Need help or information?
Explore our guides and frequently asked questions (FAQ).
The Uwazi Admin User Guide is currently available in the following languages:
- Administrator's Guide (English)
- အက်မင် အသုံးပြုသူ လမ်းညွှန် (မြန်မာဘာသာ)
- Guide Utilisateur pour Administrateurs (Français)
- Руководство для пользователя с правами администратора (Русский)
- Guía de usuario administrador (Español)
- Керівництво для користувача з правами адміністратора (Українська)
- دليل المستخدم المسؤول (بالعربي)
Can I try a demo of Uwazi?
Does Uwazi support my language?
Uwazi can be localised into more than 180 different languages. This ranges from the world’s most commonly spoken languages such as Chinese, French, Hindi and Spanish, to less widespread but no less important languages such as Burmese, Kurdish, Quechua and Yoruba.
What is the main channel to ask for support?
Our main support channel is our GitHub repository. Simply create an issue there, and a member of our development team will respond to it. In order to use GitHub, you will need to:
- 1. Create an account and log in. (It’s free.)
- 2. Go to “Issues” and click on “New issue” to add one.(You can also check if the issue has not been reported before.)
- 3. Give your issue a clear title and add a full description. The better your issue is described, the more chances the team will quickly understand your issue and fix it. Please check these helpful Bug Writing Guidelines from Mozilla in case you need some guidance on how to report an issue. You can also check the GitHub Community Guidelines for information on how best to collaborate on GitHub.
- 4. Submit.
- 5. GitHub will let you know through email notifications when your issue is being addressed.
If your collection contains sensitive information, you can also email email@example.com with a description of the issue, what you were doing at the time that it occurred, and if possible a screenshot or screen recording of what you’re seeing.
I've noticed a bug while using Uwazi. How can I report it?
Create a new issue on our GitHub repository, and a member of our development team will respond to it.
If your database is private or contains sensitive information, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue, what you were doing at the time that it occurred, and if possible a screenshot or screen recording of what you’re seeing.
How is Uwazi funded?
Uwazi is a tool developed by HURIDOCS. It received significant support from the MacArthur Foundation from 2015 to 2018. Many of our partner organisations who currently use Uwazi have also financially supported its development. You can learn more about the sorts of partner organisations we work with here and about HURIDOCS funding here.
We're not a human rights organisation. Can we still use Uwazi?
Uwazi is an open-source tool, and it is free for anyone to install and use however they want. As part of our mission, however, we at HURIDOCS can only offer personalised support to those with a focus on human rights. If you don’t work in human rights but benefit from using Uwazi, please consider donating to HURIDOCS so we can continue its development and maintenance.
built on Uwazi